Sustainable development management
Gazprom Neft recognises the special role of business in sustainable development. The company contributes to a sustainable future by joining efforts with the public, government, partners and other stakeholders.
Sustainable development goals and principles are integrated into Gazprom Neft’s business strategy, decision-making processes and operations. The company’s approaches to sustainable development and associated commitments are aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, adopted in 2015.
Gazprom Neft is implementing advanced HSE standards, providing its employees with opportunities to realise their potential and making social investments in its operating regions. The company is updating its key internal documents, improving the disclosure of its environmental, social, and corporate governance information, and assessing sustainability risks and opportunities, in particular those related to climate change.
Openness, for us, is one of the most important elements of our responsibility to investors, partners, clients, local residents of our areas of operation and to society as a whole. We are committed to being a fully transparent company, and one that discloses both its financial and operational results while also detailing its corporate, social and environmental policy.Alexander Dyukov Chairman of the Management Board, CEO, Gazprom Neft PJSC
Business ethics principles
The company’s personnel are united by a common set of values and mission, which are an inherent part of Gazprom Neft’s business and are reflected in its Corporate Code of Conduct. The values serve as guidelines for decision making, shape the company’s reputation and determine the principles governing its operations.
Responsible business principles:
- Safety of people, the environment and company property; responsible attitude to assets
- An inclusive working environment where staff respect and value each other
- Clear and equal requirements for all business partners, compliance with business ethics standards
- Zero tolerance towards corruption, conflicts of interest and the use of insider information
- Compliance with antimonopoly legislation
- Government and community relations based on long-term and wide-reaching partnerships
- Gazprom Neft conducts its business ethically and responsibly. The company expects all of its employees to follow the business norms and principles set out in the Corporate Code of Conduct. Our ethics policy applies to both interactions between colleagues and to relations with the company’s business partners
- Gazprom Neft engages not only its own people but also contractor employees in working towards its sustainable development goals
Gazprom Neft’s priorities in procurement include transparency, preventing discrimination and the unfair restriction of competition among bidders, ensuring supplier compliance with HSE requirements and building long-term relationships with contractors.
Gazprom Neft prefers to select suppliers of work, services, materials and equipment on a competitive basis. In 2020, 6,734 potential suppliers participated in our competitive bidding procedures. Contracts were awarded to 2,308 companies from 65 Russian regions and 10 foreign countries. Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) accounted for 36.6% of the total volume of materials and equipment purchased by the company.